Here are some reasons (not including their beer) as to why you should love canada from the Vancouver Sun:
1. The toque. For inventing hat hair, Canuck-style.
2. Joni Mitchell. The Prairie priestess of poetry. For singing Butterbox Babies and A Case of You.
3. Tim Hortons. For brewing coffee that tastes as good as it smells. And for chocolate sour cream Timbits.
4. Pierre Elliott Trudeau. Because he could do handsprings, and drove a gull-wing Mercedes roadster. Because he made us think about what our country means to us.
5. Polar bears. Big, white, beautiful.
6. The anti-gun rack. In which our pickup trucks carry umbrellas, not automatic weapons.
7. McIntosh apple. That sweet crunch was brought to you by Ontario's Johnny (Appleseed) McIntosh, in 1796.
8. Wayne Gretzky. You don't have to be a hockey fan to call the pride of Brantford a great athlete, and one classy guy.
9. Salmon. Our iconic survivor.
10. Greenpeace. For raising global environmental consciousness, and for saving whales.
Here are my reasons:
- Health Care
- Strange Brew (The Movie)
- The Accent